My weekend project…

08 Jul

Ok, so it didn’t take me the whole weekend to do this…actually, it took about an hour. A fabulous, fun and informative hour. I found jewelery I forgot I even had! And that is the whole point of this…wear what I already own.

Although this will make it harder for me to convince my husband I need another turquoise necklace or new earrings….hmmm…

All I used was a $30 picture frame from Ikea, $8 piece of burlap fabric and hammer and nails that already were taking up space in our junk drawer(s)! Oh, and one hour of my time….

I just took out the frame’s glass front, covered the back board with the burlap and put the board back into the frame. Hung it on the wall and added the nails for all my lovely necklaces and such….easy!!

I LOVE IT!

It’s a piece of (cheap) art and I will never have to dig for a necklace or bracelet again!!

Love…

*I’m linked to these fab blogs….House of Hepworths, A Few of my Favorite Things, We’re Organized Wednesdays, The Shabby Nest.

Posted by on July 8, 2010 in DIY

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

21 responses to “My weekend project…

1. Jessica Hills

July 13, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I love this! I am SO going to make one. Thanks for linking to FTF!

July 14, 2010 at 2:57 am

You’re welcome and hope you have fun making one! I’m still not sure if it was more fun making it or finding all my “lost” jewelery!

2. Taunya Porter

July 12, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Fabulous idea! I so need one of those. Another item on the to do list ;)
    Thanks for the inspiration.

July 14, 2010 at 3:09 am

It’s a great project because it was so quick (and painless!). I’m too random for long term projects, this one was right up my alley!

3. sarakmc

July 9, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I love this project! I can’t wait to get my hands on some burlap and create my own version, haha. Great idea!!

4. Leanne

July 9, 2010 at 9:12 pm

It looks great and your jewelry is beautiful. Thanks for joining We’re Organized Wednesday.

5. Ashley

July 9, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I love this. I am working on my own version as we speak! Great job!!

July 14, 2010 at 3:10 am

Good for you! Have fun and sorry if you suddenly find yourself buying more jewelery…just blame it on me!

6. Linda

July 8, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Great idea…I’m making mine with a sidebar for rings….my hands are way to chapped to wear them but so my organizer can. Thanks for dropping by today.

7. Crystal

July 8, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Great idea!

8. Laura

July 8, 2010 at 10:51 am

I’ve had a cork board sitting around forever and this would be the perfect use for it! Thank you!

July 8, 2010 at 10:55 am

Have fun!! It was rather interesting unearthing all the jewelery I forgot I had!!

9. Leanne

July 8, 2010 at 10:26 am

Love this jewelry display. I’m hosting We’re Organized Wednesday til Friday and would love for you to join the party if you get a chance. There’s a giveaway too. http://organizeyourstuffnow.com/wordpress/?p=9805 Hope to see you there.

10. Carrie @ Messie Confessions

July 8, 2010 at 8:05 am

I have so many frames available for projects, I just can’t decide what to do with them all. I think one (or more!) will become a jewelry display now. It is fabulous! Love it!

July 8, 2010 at 8:52 am

Thanks! And it’s such an easy (and cheap!) project, so why not!!