My pickled carrot experiment…

01 Sep

Hello all! It’s that time again…harvest is around  the corner and it’s time to pickle!!! I have big plans for today and tomorrow…we’ll see how that works out with two kids under my feet. But here is a repost from this time last year with the recipe that I used and LOVED!

If you recall, I pickled some carrots a few weeks back…and we tried them this week!

SOOOO GOOD!! I am so happy that it worked! Although I’ve been told it’s hard to mess up pickling…but with my track record, it wouldn’t have surprised me….

*I was just reminded that I forgot to post the recipe I used!! So sorry! Here is the link…the only change I made was to use fresh dill from our garden instead of dry…*

Love…
P.S. don’t forget to enter my giveaway!

Posted by on September 1, 2010 in Cooking

Tags: , , ,

9 responses to “My pickled carrot experiment…

1. Heidi

September 1, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Good luck this year – I did some before I left for B.C – and a few experimental jars… we’ll see if sprigs of fresh thyme, peppercorns or chili peppers make any difference in the end. I have troubles following recipes sometimes:-)

2. bearmnt

September 14, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I just found your blog and love it!!!I wanted you to see what you inspired me to do.

I know they are only peaches but hey, you gotta start some where!

September 14, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Great job!!!! So impressed…thanks for reading and look forward to reading more on your blog!

3. Judy

September 2, 2010 at 12:19 am

oh, and is that pickled garlic in the foreground? my step mom makes it and its delicious!

4. Judy

September 2, 2010 at 12:18 am

see my comments under your contest section!

September 2, 2010 at 9:04 am

Thanks Judy! And yes….pickled garlic. Not for me…my husband LOVES it. I have no idea why. :) And no plans for farmers market…for all the time it took to pickle, we only ended up with 12 jars…and they will be going quick!

5. Jenny from UBetcha Apparel & In A Mini Skirt

September 1, 2010 at 3:00 pm

YUM!

Now I’m going to have to look up a recipe for these as I’m sure we’ll have boat loads of carrots. And the garlic looks soooo good!

September 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm

You and my husband think alike…pickled garlic…ewww! :) And yes, you should use the recipe I posted…sooo good!!