Monthly Archives: January 2011
For step 5 I’m reposting something I wrote about a year ago…it’s still applicable today. For this step it’s all about restocking the wardrobe.
You’ve already written out a list of what you have that fits and you love…so now it’s time to fill in the blanks. This post includes all that will build a BASIC wardrobe. Once you have this, you can mix and match easily and adding the frills is the fun part after!!
It’s a brand new year…so what better time to take stock of your wardrobe and then shop till you drop! This is a post that I wrote before for CopperWest and thought it was time to put it out on my blog!
Taking a good look at your wardrobe every season is a great way to keep on top of what is and isn’t working for you. Everyone has those items in their closet that take up space and never seems to be appropriate or look “right”. And who hasn’t had a day of “I have NOTHING to wear!?!” while standing knee-deep in clothes!
Well ladies, here is a list of the basics that EVERY closet needs to be usable and incredibly fantastic. Just take the basics, add YOUR flare to them and poof….you have a closet to envy!
- - Fitted White Shirt (buy 2 if you find one that looks fab!)
- - Trench Coat (in neutral or leopard…whatever floats your boat!)
- - Turtleneck, Fitted Tees & Tanks (each in a couple neutral colors)
- - Jeans (straight leg, trouser, dark & a fun “weekend” pair)
- - Sweaters (v-neck, cardigan and a fun chunky knit)
- - Pencil Skirt
- - A pair of neutral colored fitted Trousers
- - Little Black Dress (of course!!)
- - A GORGEOUS wool knee-length coat (I have one in turquoise…doesn’t have to be the basic black!)
- - Knee high boots
- - Pumps (black)
- - A pair of cute flats/those GREAT cowboy boots you can’t live without!
Now these are just the basics…mix and match to your taste and only buy what works for you!! And then to these you add YOUR style…a hot Hair-on-Hide purse, that smokin’ large Turquoise stone necklace or that HUGE pair of sunglasses…that’s the fun part and what will make your closet yours. And by having the basics and layering your accessories on top, it will take your wardrobe from impractical and frustrating to one a Farmer’s Trophy Wife would be proud of!!