2012 is going to be MY year…

31 Dec

My kids are all tucked into bed and as I sit here in the quiet, I am tempted/taunted by the siren call of the leftover Christmas chocolate in the kitchen. (Raise your hand if you know what I am talking about!)

I admit it.

Whenever my wits are at their end, my marbles are rolling all over the floor or I am calling the Zoo to see if they will PLEASE take my kids…I want chocolate. Or coffee. Or a drink. And these things are especially easy to get right now because of my favorite time of year. I know I can’t blame Christmas, or New Years or all the lovely people who brought and left said chocolate, or coffee, or alcohol…it’s all me. And so that is where I am. Sitting here, in the quiet, trying to NOT get up and go to the kitchen.

I am going to win this will power battle.

I KNOW I am.

Why am I so positive?!

Because I have decided that… (pardon the language)

Funny New Year's Ecard: 2012 will be my bitch.

*image from here*

Having spent the last 5 years being pregnant or having a newborn around, my poor ol’ body has been through the wringer. So, being that baby Frances is our last (planned!) baby…I am so excited to finally have my body back to myself. No more losing the baby weight to gain it all back again. My pre-pregnancy weight will be back and last more than two months this time!! (between baby #1 and #2!). I am going to make my outside match how I feel inside…pretty damn fabulous!

This is my New Year’s Resolution…but it’s more than that, this body managed to create, grow and nourish 3 beautiful kids, and it deserves to be treated like the goddess it is…so 2012…here I come!!!

Posted by on December 31, 2011 in My Thoughts

Tags: , ,

8 responses to “2012 is going to be MY year…

January 1, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I echo Miss Pamela’s sentiments! There’s nothing quite as rewarding as taking control and watching the change you can create within yourself…after all, we are the only people we can control, right?

Happy New Year FTW!!!!

2. Pat

December 31, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Good for you! Enjoy every moment ~

By the way, the posts are all awesome…great clothes, accessories, etc. So wish I could fit into those black leather pants. :-)

Pat

3. Yvonne

December 31, 2011 at 10:58 am

Oh, I hear you!!! 2011 and I made way for some great things in 2012. I cannot wait.

Let’s raise a glass together.

Greetings from Germany

4. Lauren

December 31, 2011 at 9:16 am

I am right there with you girl! And having just as much trouble staying away from the chocolate. The last pregnancy really put me through the wringger and it’s a slow road back to something that I recognize as my body! Good luck and be strong! :)

5. Catherine

December 31, 2011 at 7:18 am

You are really blessed with those 3 little ones! Good luck with your goals for 2012! Happy New Year!

6. Heather

December 31, 2011 at 6:34 am

GOOD for you!!!! Happy 2012!

7. daniellemhayes@gmail.com

December 31, 2011 at 6:26 am

I am so feeling this post. Though I don’t have the newborn excuse, having 2 toddlers has taken its toll and I am regaining my control this year. 2012 is going to be full of awesome-ness! I have no doubt your going to be AMAZING and regain full goddess status this year. Happy New Year!

8. Miss Pamela (@WineePamela)

December 31, 2011 at 5:30 am