Reader Request…Meg!!

25 May

This week’s reader request comes from Meg, she is as country as they come, but works downtown in the big city. She is hoping for some help to let her roots show through, but in a way that will work at work… (LOL)

Here are some ideas for you, Meg…basically, invest your $$ in some FABULOUS suits, pieces that you can mix and match, jackets, pants and skirts…then add the “YOU” to it with accessories. Pick accessories that looks expensive, if you want to invest, go for it, but remember to pick items that are classic and will look fab forever. For the cheaper pieces, go to stores that do fabulous copies of what is on trend today for less $$…here in Canada, The Bay does an AMAZING job…not too sure what to reccomend for the USA…any suggestions from you darlings?!

And keep the western/country reference subtle, just a touch here and there, makes for a classier look than the INYOURFACE western stuff…i.e.blingy belts, cowboy boots (not in the workplace), feathers, etc. And try to keep the “western” to just one item in your look, more than that is overkill.

This first polyvore page shows some examples of accessories I adore…

western business
business
business
business

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Reader Request…Meg!!

1. Chloe

May 26, 2012 at 6:07 am

Love the all white suit and those red earrings!

2. Amy Lou

May 25, 2012 at 10:00 am

I disagree with keeping it to one country item per outfit. I’m a country/cowgirl working in the city, too, and I’ve found ways to incorporate country w/ business casual. And I do wear my cowboy boots at work. I’m wearin’ ‘em right now. You take your “country,” and you take your “business” and you put them together to see what works, what flows. It’s taken some time, some trial-and-error, but I’ve meshed my two worlds. Be unique. Be you. Whatever you wear, wear with confidence.

3. Nicole

May 25, 2012 at 8:42 am

I totally agree! I live in a small town where blingy belts, purses and boots are common. I usually stick out like a sore thumb, and get weird looks when I wear things that are in fashion with the rest of the world. My favorite go-to accessories usually include a turquoise necklace, earrings or a ring. Good suggestions!

May 30, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Good for you…stay true to you and everyone else will wish they shopped where you do! LOL

4. Teresa lindquist

May 25, 2012 at 8:33 am

Those red and white Miu Miu shoes are the best!! Love them, wish I had $1000 (unfortunately my lottery has not come in!)

5. Brandy

May 25, 2012 at 7:25 am

Love the ideas! My new business kicks off June 1st and I’ve noticed I need an update with my business wardrobe.

May 30, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Thanks! And what new and exciting adventure do you gots going on now?!?!

• Brandy

May 31, 2012 at 9:07 pm

My partners and I are starting up an O&G service company, which hopefully won’t cut into the blogging time :)