November already?!

01 Nov

What the heck.

What happened to September October?!

This means only 41 sleeps until NFR!!!

Shut the front door. I have to get my butt in gear. I was planning to have all the baby weight gone by then…

Crappy-crap. This means I have to drop 20 pounds in 41 days.

Do-able?!

I am going to start some sorta 30 day challenge…any suggestions?!

xoxo

Me

Posted by on November 1, 2012 in My Thoughts

12 responses to “November already?!

1. robinanne

November 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I find that cardio works best for me. Whether it’s walking about 3 miles a day and or adding some classes of Zumba or Body Combat at the Y or via DVD, seems cardio is the best way to burn off calories. Plus it’s great for your heart and health. Also buddying up with someone who can help you be accountable is very helpful. Helping each other and supporting each other can be a key!
    I sent you an email wondering what to wear to my first NFR? Did you get it? Not sure how you process those “reader requests”. Whether you specifically address my request or post something about what YOU plan or would like to wear, either would be fine. I have NO idea what to wear to the rodeo or the Cowboy Christmas. Hope to see your ideas soon…I gotta go shopping as it’s just around the corner! Thanks

November 6, 2012 at 6:55 pm

i did get your email!! sooo excited for you! i have started working on the post…i think i should be able to post on friday! and i agree, cardio is the way to go. i work with my trainer 3x a week and now am going to MAKE SURE i get on my treadmill every day too. crossing my fingers!!!

• tinslera

November 6, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Great, now you’re motivating me! I lost some pounds at the first of the year and have gained a few back and would like to be back where I was before I go to Vegas. I walked a couple of days last week and walked 3 miles today! Maybe we can keep each other accountable?
        I’m excited to see your post. That special “someone” making this trip all possible is STILL keeping it a secret from me (my daughter leaked it)…hope he breaks the news to me soon! I can hardly wait to blog about it!!! And shop!

November 6, 2012 at 10:07 pm

yay!!!! keep going!! (i just got off the treadmill!) and make sure you act surprised!! ;)

2. Angela

November 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm

AHHH! I planned on trying to lose 20 pounds before NFR too. Then I got busy. Then I started eating Halloween candy. Now I’m screwed and need to bust my a$$. I just got the Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis program and plan on trying that. I hope like heck it works. I’m curious to know what you end up doing! And I wish you lots of luck because I know exactly how you feel….in addition to losing weight, I also need to get some new clothes for Vegas too!

3. Jessy @ WestEastern

November 2, 2012 at 10:46 am

Oooohhh you’re NFR-bound?! I’ve always wanted to go, but it seems like work is always getting in the way of play. I need to find a balance on that one :)

I don’t know of many challenges, but I do know that good old myfitnesspal.com has been an amazing tool for me in terms of keeping track and weight loss. There are tons of great recipes and support on there – and YES it does work :)

4. Dori

November 1, 2012 at 1:54 pm

The Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!!!! And it only takes 25 minutes.

5. browneyedgirlygirl

November 1, 2012 at 9:52 am

Advocare 24 Day Challenge-u go gluten, dairy, & sugar free for ten days -cleanse part) really tough but I lost 4 lbs in 10 days). Then u relax a bit. Look the challenge up online. U order a kit for the challenge. Approx $175. It comes with all the supliments needed for the challenge too. It’s very detailed…they map it all out for u day by day /hour by hour. Comes with a grocery list, suggestions for eating out and recipes. U should be able to find a rep close to u. Good luck! See my Oct. post about me starting the challenge. It’s hard at first, I won’t lie -but gives u a jump start to great weight loss. I’m in the max phase right now. I can tell a big difference in the way I feel already!

November 1, 2012 at 9:23 am

Shawna Kaminiski of Calgary Northwest Fit Body Boot Camp and her Challenge/Endurance Workouts. Tough but quick and the weight falls off. It will make you rethink how you look at things such as cardio to drop weight. I’ve been doing this and it’s amazing! And no, I don’t work for her or get paid to promote her. I just found it exciting, scientifically sound, and so much easier than jumping on the treadmill for hours on end when it’s raining.

7. Steph

November 1, 2012 at 7:54 am

Check out Ms. Skinny Blog, she has many challenges and great recipes too.
    I find here site to be extremely helpful and motivating.
    Regards and good luck!! You can do it.

8. Melissa

November 1, 2012 at 7:18 am

Ooohhhh I am going to the NFR as well!! Always so much fun. As for the 20 pounds in 41 days to kill yourself over it I am sure you look amazing.

9. Ashley Marie George (@amgomg)

November 1, 2012 at 6:39 am

Cut carbs during the week! I dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks doing that.