Celebrating the moisture…

05 May

Since it has been raining and (mostly) snowing on and off for the last 2 weeks (YAY!!!), I thought I’d honor this occasion…I mean this moisture is LONG overdue and the farmers are doing dances as they religiously check their rain-gauges 4 to 5 times a day (and then phoning around to see what everyone else got).

Soooo…hmmm…what to do….what to do…..

I know, how about I share some of my favorite things in  BLUE?!

Get it? Moisture…blue…water…ok, it’s kind of a stretch…..

Blue Beach Glass Bath AccessoriesThis is new from Pottery Barn (I want to move into the catalog) and I LOVE it! Sea glass bathroom accessories…so pretty and would go soooo nicely with my planned bathroom reno concept!

Baja Outdoor Glassware, Set of 6

I also really like blue rimmed glassware…it reminds me of Mexico and margaritias….mmmmmmm……

This is a dining room done by (my favorite) Sarah Richardson. The turquoise is AMAZING!! I would love to have the courage to try this…but I think it’s a little too girly or fancy for on the farm. But I’ll attempt to talk my darling husband into this….wish me luck!

Turquoise Cross Ring

And this is self-explanitory…who doesn’t like turquoise jewellery?!?!

This gorgeous cross from The Junk Gypsy’s is one that I have hanging on my wall. I have started a cross collection and this one fit in beautifully!

I hope you enjoyed this post…brought to you by the color blue…and the letter M…..Have a great day!!

Posted by on May 5, 2010 in My Thoughts

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “Celebrating the moisture…

1. carrielt

September 9, 2010 at 1:31 pm

oops. I thought I was on the post about what to plant in your flower garden. lol

2. carrielt

September 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I know this is too late for this year, but I just found your blog today. Idea for next year: Four o’clocks are really hardy and they come in numerous colors. They’re not really perinnals but they will come up each year from their own seeds. I usually save a handfull of seeds each fall so I can move colors around and mix them up. Right now my favs are the yellow ones with pink splatters. Very pretty.

September 9, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Hello and welcome! Thanks for the advice…I’ll keep my eyes peeled for that flower’s seeds. I love anything easy, so this is great! 🙂

3. Michelle @ Sweet Something

May 6, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Yes, love all things blue! Sarah is amazing!

May 7, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I would like to think that I could do a room like her if I had that budget too….but I doubt it! She can make magic from scratch!

4. Crystal

May 6, 2010 at 9:10 am

Fantastic. I think you could work those chairs into anything. Go for it! I gasped when I saw that ring.

5. Robyn

May 5, 2010 at 10:17 am

LOVE the color turquoise!! I double dare you to turn your dining room into the oasis that Sarah did – it would be amazing and fit in perfectly with the farm. Awesome post Cathryn.

May 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Thanks Robyn! I think I might try the turquoise, but in my new bathroom…can’t wait! But it’ll have to wait for seeding to be finished, and spraying, and moving cattle, and haying….