My wild and woolly days…

11 Jul

Well, its Calgary Stampede time (YAHOO!) and  if we make it to Calgary for a day that will be great…because between kids and haying…life is a little busier these days.

But, about 9 years ago, I was there everyday!

I had the FABULOUS experience of riding for the Calgary Stampede Ranchgirls for 5 summers and loved every minute of it!

The Calgary Stampede Ranchgirls are those beautiful ladies that open the rodeo each and everyday carrying the flags and getting the crowd ready for some fabulous entertainment. And boy, is it exciting!

Thousands of cheering people, fast music and fireworks!

And nothing is more exciting than horses and fireworks!

*I’m on the bottom row, 4th from the right*

So much fun!

So, if you see those lovely ladies out there this week, give them a wave and a YAHOO!!

Love…

Posted by on July 11, 2010 in My Thoughts

Tags: , , , , ,

10 responses to “My wild and woolly days…

1. Robyn Beazley

August 14, 2010 at 10:50 am

I LOVE that you were a Stampede Ranchgirl. Your hubby’s comment on FB about this entry made me giggle – you were quite a looker (& still are!)

2. Beth

July 19, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Hi there! I just found your blog this morning, and I love it! We, too, have a farm (here in Arkansas) and my husband was out bailing hay today. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how new or expensive the tractor/equipment is, there is always some sort of breakdown. Oh, by the way, I LOVE the name of your blog!

3. Cheyenne

July 11, 2010 at 9:41 pm

So fun! Great memories!

July 14, 2010 at 3:06 am

Thanks, it was great fun…but today while the rain was pouring down, I was secretly glad that wasn’t me out there!

4. Arkansas Chris

July 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

That looks like so much fun – here in Arkansas we have the Rodeo of the Ozarks “Rounders” who perform drills – your horse must have to be in great shape!! The figure-eight run looks kind of scary if you miscalculate when to cross?? Love the outfits!!

July 11, 2010 at 8:17 pm

It can be rather scary, but we keep our heads up and so do the horses…and thanks for reading!!

5. The Wife of a Dairyman

July 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

What a fun time and I’m sure some good memories 🙂

July 11, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Oh it was fun! And nothing will ever beat that right before the arena feeling….adrenaline and nerves…FUN!!