Look of the Week~The Maxi Dress

09 Aug

This week, in honor of the fact that I got to go on an actual vacation (WITH my HUSBAND!!!), I decided to show a theme for the Look of the Week as opposed to one celebrity….

The Maxi Dress!!

This dress just screams summer and works for just about all body types…including pregnant! Here are a few that would look fab with your favorite sunglasses and sandals!

Hazel Romantic Plum Plaid Dress

Love..

Posted by on August 9, 2010 in Look of the Week

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “Look of the Week~The Maxi Dress

1. Hazel George

August 13, 2010 at 8:02 am

Yikes, I have been alive too long. I got married in a dress very similar to these except it had lots of lace and so forth–these are so reminiscent of the ‘hippie’ dresses of the ’60’s and early ’70’s..all the best dressed hippy girls were decked out in these and had flowers in their hair–in San Francisco in the Haight/Ashbury area these dresses were in every store–as the expression goes–‘been there-done that’–would love to have a reason to wear such a fun dress once again.

2. Arlee

August 10, 2010 at 7:37 pm

wow I remember wearing dresses like these in the ’70’s !!!- just don’t wear them with thongs (flipflops to you young guys) and carry a drink while going down stairs- a pt. of mine did that last week and fell and broke both her ankles!!

3. Laura

August 9, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Love Kate’s, and the plaid, and the green and the embroidered… You have such fabulous taste!

August 10, 2010 at 9:33 am

Thanks!! I love Kate’s too…I think it’s the accessories…

4. Julaine

August 9, 2010 at 11:06 am

I love these dresses – they are super comfy – I bought one this spring – but I find I don’t wear it too mcuh – not a lot of occassion to wear it here in the country – although I do have visions of sitting on my deck drinking something delicious and relaxing in it – so far it has not happened – but maybe I will get a vacation with my husband – apparently it can happen 🙂

August 10, 2010 at 9:37 am

LOL…for the drink may I suggest frozen pink lemonade, crushed ice and vodka…..yummy! (Thanks to my girl Jenn from Mink and Manure, this is my new favorite!!)

5. The Wife of a Dairyman

August 9, 2010 at 9:01 am

Love the Maxi dress and have a couple of them but haven’t been able to wear them yet this summer in northern CA! Not warm enough for me to wear a summer dress:)

August 10, 2010 at 9:38 am

Not warm enough?! Yuck! When does the hot weather kick in? Or will it?!