Happy Monday everyone!! I hope your weekend was great and that you avoided the crowds, malls and crazy parking lots!! I did a whole bunch of nothing and enjoyed every minute!
Today I am so excited to have another guest blogger!!! Welcome Suzie from UrbanCountryStyle and thanks so much for joining in the fun!! I asked Suzie to continue our “Top 100…can’t live without” …post series and she was super excited to share!! Suzie has a FABULOUS blog that I totally recommend checking out…it’s full of fashion, home decor and food! What more could anyone ask for?!
Suzie Salmon’s Top Ten
I’ve made this little Polyvore set as a guide to my top ten, but as you will all see, I can turn that 10 into nearly 100 because I like to bend the rules a little😉
1. JEANS-My all time favorite jeans are my William Rast skinny jeans but I also love my Levis boyfriends, and of course my boot-cut True Religions, and I cannot forget my Joe Fresh collection either…JEANS they are my go to item. Dress them up, dress them down, what’s not to love about that!
2. LONG-SLEEVED WHITE TEES- I love them with jeans, under scratchy sweaters, layered under a plaid shirt, with PJ bottoms. I’ll wear them almost anywhere! I buy half a dozen at the beginning of the winter season and then I replace them with?…you guessed it, short-sleeved white tees for summer!
3. JEAN JACKETS- I have many and I almost NEVER buy them new. I go to the Thrift Store and pick them up for about $5 and when I’m tired of one I’ll re-donate it so the Thrift Store can sell it again! I imagine everyone doing this and hope that the Hospice Society that my Thrift Store supports averages about $100 per jacket over time!
4. FUR VESTS-well fur anything actually, but I love the look of layering a great fur vest over the jean jacket. It’s a huge upgrade and updated version of my old down vests. It allows you to take me out almost anywhere eh?
5. PENDELTON SCARF-again, Pendelton anything. I love their blankets so much that I keep collecting them hoping one day to make a quilted Pendleton jacket…I’m kidding of course…If you catch me in anything quilted you can officially take my blog away from me!!!
6.BOOTS!!!! Enough said? I will wear them in any style, anywhere, in every way. My favorites are my old Ariats. I think I could run a half marathon in them since they are THAT comfy! I also love my Frye boots and my vintage cowboy boots. The vintage pairs are beautifully worn. I often find myself wondering what cowboy fell off his horse at a rodeo, and while he was knocked out who is the person who stole his boots and put them in the vintage store for me to find? I almost forgot to mention my riding boots in every color, my hunter boots in black gatorish pattern, and my OTKs in black suede…I guess BOOTS should have been my number one mention, right?
7. DR HAUSCHKA’S SKIN CARE- This is pretty much the only thing that I can use on my face. I’m ultra sensitive, and this just whisks the make-up away in a very gentle way. At night, there’s no night cream in their regiment (they say you don’t need it as your own skin does the work if you let it). This suits the tired and LazySuzie that usually appears right after dinner.
8. NEUTROGENA SPRAY ON SUNSCREEN-I love that when you put this on, you have no idea you’re wearing it. No need to get icky sticky hands when you apply it as you just point and spray. And no need for someone to do your back because the spray reaches everywhere. It’s a sunscreen that gives me girl power, independence, and no tan lines! Pale is the new tan people!
9. MAC MAKEUP – I love Spice lipliner and Teddy for the eyes. I also love MAC’s Studio Fix powder as I hate liquid foundation. I have a thing about products you must apply that leave you wanting to wash your hands when you’re done. After I put on my YSL Sheer radiance in the a.m. then I dust on the Studio Fix with a foundation brush, line the eyes and lips, add a coat of gloss and I’m ready to go.
10. CROSS NECKLACES- I have a thing about them. I love them long, long, long…belly button long is ideal if you ask me! I have them in many colors, stones, non-stones, bling, everything but Turquoise…which is currently a work in progress that I’ll share when I have it in my hot little hands because it’s going to be a thing of beauty!
There you have it! Suzie Salmon’s top ten, magically multiplied by the powers of Suzie🙂
Thanks for letting me stop by FTW. You know you’re my all time favorite gal, and it’s been an honor to be included here!