Sooooo….I had a bunch of lovely ladies lined up to do some guest posts for the week that I was due with the babe.
And then, SURPRISE…
She showed up 3 weeks early.
So, the posts are here, I just wasn’t organized enough to have them posted last week! But this week, I have things somewhat under control…(LOL). I asked the ladies to write a post containing their top 10 must have items…I started a post series a while back that listed my top 100 items that I love and adore, and this is a continuation of that series…
Hello and welcome to Cheryl McMullen, designer of Double D Ranchwear…a clothing company that I have LONG been a fan of. Their line is western with a twist of fabulousness that only Double D can capture…check out their fall/winter 2011 line and get ready to start adding to your Christmas wish list!!!
1. Decleor Essentiel Balm – (essential is even in the name) Pricey but so worth every smear. Developed to purify and soften the skin but, I use it on everything from cuts, burns, chapped lips, chaffing, tweezed brows , etc. I keep a jar on my desk.
2. Pandora Radio – just in you’ve been living in a cave, this is a music site where you can create up to 100 unique “stations” and refine them to suit your personal preferences. Here is my Design Away station.
3. LV Luggage – remember the old Chinese proverb, “ Buy the best, cry only once”. My favorite “go to” piece is the Pegase 55 Business. It’s on wheels and stores easily in the overhead compartment.
4. A Vintage Bandana – a soft vintage is best but Ralph Lauren makes some great ones too.
5. Books, Books, Books – When I’m designing I don’t have a lot of time to read, so I download from Audible. My favorite this year was, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, unabridged.
6. Apple iMac – with lightening speed Internet…..‘nuff said.
7. A great turquoise necklace, ears and honking ring – Much like these from the Milliecent Rogers Museum.
8. Fresh Flowers – …on my desk or bedside. Flower Girl Farms grows the most amazing blooms in the South Central Texas region. Check her out for weddings too.
9. My boys – Since there is no link for them, may I suggest a framed photo or two of your own precious-es. Photos are some of my favorite framing inspirations. Very creative and visually appealing.